For anyone channeling an awful Geico commercial and living under a rock last night, 18-year old, Boston Bruins rookie Tyler Seguin had a 2nd period for the ages. The deuces were wild when he had 2 goals and 2 assists in the 2nd period of Game 2. Needless to say, this didn’t go over very well in Toronto. Here are 10 things uttered after the game by fans of Maple Leaf Nation:
1. In best Brian Burke voice, “I’d STILL make that trade.”
2. It’s not like the trade was just Tyler Seguin for Phil Kessel. Geez, we got to give up the 9th pick in this year’s draft as well.
3. He’s no Tyler Bozak.
4. Whatever. We still totally screwed them with Tomas Kaberle! Joe Colburne is going to be just as good as Seguin. MARK MY WORDS!
5. 1972 isn’t that far from 1967.
6. If we could get someone like Michael Ryder to play with our young kids, we’d have guys just as good.
7. I wanted Taylor Hall anyway.
8. Please. If the Bruins really wanted to hurt me, they’d put Tuukka Rask in the game.
9. It’s almost like he didn’t show up for the entire regular season. Damn it, he would have fit right in with our team.
10. Wait, there’s still hockey going on?